Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Draculaura - Princess Odette

So I have decided to give in my passion and get the Monster High by Mattel dolls. So far, I have a few an I'm just randomly inspired to create photographic projects with them so here is a few of the first serious one !

The Swan Lake!

I always loved this ballet, I seen all the animated versions, I seen a couple of ballet editions (Brittish Ballet, Swedish Ballet, French Ballet, American Ballet, Russian  Ballet !) and I always wanted to shoot the story. I even started to re-write the fairy tale, in a search to find reasons as to the many "why" that were bumping me with question marks.

So first, a little introduction of Draculaura.

Untitled

Draculaura from the Forbidden Love edition duo pack with Clawd Wolf

IMG_1778

First test shot, with my small camera (Canon Powershot SD 3500 IS)

IMG_1784

Odette, uncertain about her new shape as a swan, tries to take position to take flight, but it's difficult.

IMG_1798

Odette is already a little more confident here, spreading her wings

IMG_1800

Finally, she is really ready to face her doubts and fears and try that first flight

IMG_1825

Strong and confident

IMG_1815

I just love how the light hit her in this shot

IMG_1831

I love the fragility she shows in this one. She is lost in her thoughts

IMG_1836

More daydreaming Odette

No comments:

Post a Comment